People love to show off their biceps. All they need is to wear short-sleeved shirts and that noticeable ‘bulge’ on the front of the upper arm is sure to get others’ attention.
Everyone knows that the secret to big, strong, and healthy biceps is doing a lot of weight lifting. However, with these 3 workout tips, you’ll discover you can build your biceps even without weights. Best of all, you’ll do it right in your home.
1. Bicep Curls
This is one of the easiest ways you can keep your biceps in tip-top shape. You do not need weights for this. You can lift any heavy object in your house to provide resistance to your muscles. Examples will be canned goods, bags of rice, hardbound books, and large plastic water bottles.
You can also fill a tote bag with pea gravel. If you have large laundry detergent jugs, these will work, too.
- Stand up straight and let your arms stay on your sides.
- Hold a heavy object in each hand. They should be of the same weight.
- Make sure to keep your upper arms as close to your sides as possible.
- Bend your right arm to lift the heavy object, while breathing out.
- Bring the object to the right shoulder.
- Squeeze your biceps as hard as you can.
- Hold this position for about a second.
- Inhale slowly as you lower the object straight to the starting position.
Now do the same with the left arm. Perform 8 to 12 repetitions for each set. Try to perform 3 sets with a 90-second rest in between sets.
2. Towel Bicep Curls
This is another easy biceps exercise you can perform almost anywhere. You will need a towel and a bag for this. Fill the bag with anything that is heavy. It can be books, canned goods, or anything.
- Slip your towel through the loop of the bag and grab both ends of the towel with one hand.
- Perform the same maneuver as the bicep curls until your hand is at the level of your shoulders.
- Make sure to keep your upper arm at your sides all the time.
Do 8 to 12 reps of this exercise for a maximum of 3 sets. Don’t forget to rest for about 90 seconds after each set.
3. Bicep Curls Using the Leg
You’ll be surprised to know how easy it is to perform this exercise. Sit on a bench, a sofa, a sturdy stool, or a chair. It can be anything that allows you to sit with your feet firmly on the floor.
- Hold the underside of the left thigh using the right hand.
- Pull the left leg up, making sure that you do not engage any of the leg muscles.
- Lift it as high as possible.
Perform 8 to 12 reps of this maneuver before switching to the other leg. As you gain mastery of this exercise, you can start adding resistance to the lifting hand. You can do this by pushing the leg muscles against the lifting movement of the hand.
These 3 bicep workouts are very easy to accomplish. If done correctly, you can guarantee stronger and healthier biceps right in your home. You might perform even better when paired with using a massage gun as recovery tool because it helps to reduce the build up of lactic acid in the muscles.